Saturday, August 12, 2017

Fun with Graphic 45 Nature Sketchbook Paper and Cosmic Shimmer Gilding Flakes!

Happy Saturday!

Just wanted to share a little project that I've been working on this week.

A few weeks back, I picked up a few sheets of paper from Graphic 45's Nature Sketchbook collection just because it was so pretty! I love the bright colours, butterflies and flowers - I knew that there had to be a project idea in there somewhere...I just had to sit down and create!

I started out with an 8" x 10" wooden canvas and painted it with black gesso. I flipped the canvas over to use it as a shadow box and then cut out a frame from the collection's Every Blooming Thing paper which I adhered with distress collage medium.

Inside the frame, I used Season Splendor paper for the background and used a Tim Holtz honeycomb stencil and Stormy Sky Distress Ink to in two opposite corners to darken the paper in a couple of areas. I also inked around the edges of the background paper and then adhered it to the wood. I used the Monarch Majesty and Beautiful World papers and cut out the butterflies, sentiment, and the bottom border. To give the butterflies a bit of bling, I applied some Stickles.

Finally, I thought that the frame needed just a bit of antiquing, so I applied some Cosmic Shimmer Flake and Glitter Glue with my finger here and there and used the Cosmic Shimmer Egyptian Gold Gilding Flakes. I am always trying to find new creative ways to use these flakes and I think it just added a nice touch to the frame.

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment