Thursday, April 16, 2015

Let's set the mood!

Happy Thursday Friends! 
It is time for April's #moodboard Challenge. 


Today we have a special guest designer, Shelley...our Challenge winner from last month!!!! 

A little bit about Shelley:
"I live in London, Ontario, with my husband Bill and our dog, our very sweet 13 year old Vizsla, Hunter. I enjoy crafts of many kinds, but took up card making about 10 years ago when I tired of spending hours in card shops poring over cards, trying to find the right one, and often failing. Now I enjoy making cards for all occasions, as well as party invitations and decorations, and goody boxes and the various homemade goodies to go in them! My cards involve combinations of stamping, colouring with Copics and Derwent Inktense pencils, beautiful papers, embossing, cricut cut-outs, embellishments of any sort, etc., etc! I always try to make each card unique and personal to the recipient. I feel lucky to live about 4 minutes from Scrappin' Great Deals and I take much inspiration from their many, extremely talented designers." 
 

Take a look at her amazing project! Lots of details! 


"I was inspired by the vintage feel of this mood board, with the muted colours, but a little hint of colour here and there. Also, everything is layered - the scattered photos, the film strips, the newspaper; so I wanted lots of layers on my card. Finally, all the pictures and films made me think of travel, to wherever the heart takes you, so I chose this sentiment stamp."
 

Shelley we are thrilled to have you this month!!! I adore this card! Now for the Diva's (warning you are going to be blown away!!!!) 
Sheila was on fire!!! Two creations for the mood board!!! There is a reason she is called Scrappin' Sheila! Capturing those earlier years was what inspired Sheila. 
Again a fabulous two page layout from Sheila! Not camera shy Sheila nailed it with this filmstrip paper from Kaiser :) 
I adore this card from Trish! Such a beautiful card! Happy memories! Who would not love getting this beautiful card :) 
According to the Oxford Dictionary a Mood Board is defined as "an arrangement of images, materials, pieces of text, etc. intended to evoke or project a particular style or concept". You may be inspired by the colors, objects, feel or whatever the image represents to you. The winner, selected at random, will receive a $20 gift card to Scrappin Great Deal's and be our featured guest designer for the following month! 
The rules:
 1. Have Fun. Be inspired. 
2. Tell us how the mood board inspired you.  
3. In the comment section leave a Link up to your specific blog post. (just not your general blog). Mention that you are participating in the Scrappin Great Deal Mood Board. If posting your creation to facebook, pinterest, twitter please use the hashtag #scrappingreatdealsmood.   
4. Don't have your own blog? Send your name and picture of your creation to lynnshaffer7@live.ca and a short description of how you were inspired. (in the subject line indicate #scrappingreatdealsmood or leave a link to your blog post in the comments.   
5. Projects have to be new as of today's date. (No back linking please)  
6. Contest is open till May 20th , midnight.  
Hope you will play along!  Thank you to our special guest Shelley!  (Stay tuned for our winner from last month!)

6 comments:

  1. Like that mood board! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such fun and the artists surely created some amazing layouts and cards :) I will certainly play along and share it on my Events Group Cropper\s Time Zone on Facebook. Thanks for the fun, Bela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is the layout for this mood board. I picked up on the black and white theme. It is here on my blog.
    http://rubym-inspiredscrapper.blogspot.ca/2015/04/scrapping-great-deals-mood-board.html

    ReplyDelete