Image credits Antique-French-Letter-Bundle, Beautiful Life Quote, Baby, AudreyMica, LilibyDesign
According to the Oxford Dictionary a Mood Board is defined as "an arrangement of images, materials, pieces of text, etc. intended to evoke or project a particular style or concept. You may be inspired by the colors, objects, feel or whatever the image represents to you. The winner, selected at random, will receive a $20 gift card to Scrappin Great Deal's and be our featured guest designer for the following month!
Let's take a look at what the Diva's have created!
First up, we have this shaker card from Trish and Becky. The dynamic duo was "inspired" by many things in the pictures. "The heart shape of the babies hands and the sentiment made me think of love, unconditional love! The blocks, on my card, with the word "Love" on them represents the love letters photo and I have wrapped string around my card like the love letters that are bound together. I have used the color pink like the phone booth picture. The sequins that sparkle and shine like the lights glowing in the tree picture."
Next we have this stunning card from Anja. She was "inspired by the pictures and by the soft colours... a touch of earthy colours inspired the flowers and birds." The shine comes from the clear embossing powder on the bubble stamp from deep red. The flowers and bird from penny black. Distress inks: spun sugar, pumice stone and tumbled glass.
Prepare yourself! We now have this striking canvas from our Diva Lori! She was inspired "by the concept of loving and laughter leading to a beautiful life. The canvas was a gift, celebrating a new beginning, and a reminder to make your life worth remembering. I also loved the teal colours and the sparkle!"
Here is the double layout created by me (Lynn!). I was inspired "first by the baby picture which reminded me of my middle son who loves to make the heart shape with his hands. The day these pictures were taken only my son's laughter could be heard throughout the studio. And I remember thinking what a beautiful life. Thank you Barb Weir photography. The light reflection in the tree inspired the sequence and glass bead covering of the snowflakes. The colors of the phone booth and letters were the inspiration of the BoBunny Paper".
1. Have Fun. Be inspired.
2. Tell us how the mood board inspired you.
3. Link up to your specific blog post. (just not your general blog). Mention that you are participating in the Scrappin Great Deal Mood Board and link back to this post. If posting your creation to facebook, pinterest, twitter please use the hashtag #scrappingreatdealsmood.
4. Don't have your own blog? Send your name and picture of your creation to firstname.lastname@example.org and a short description of how you were inspired. (in the subject line indicate #scrappingreatdealsmood
5. Projects have to be new as of today's date. (No back linking please)
6. Contest is open till February 14th, midnight.
Hope you will play along!